QBSC is always welcoming resumés for instructors and accompanists. Resumés should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quinte Ballet School of Canada Invites Applications for Custodian Position
Quinte Ballet School of Canada seeks a part-time Custodian (20 hours per week) to maintain our busy dance facility at 196 Palmer Road, Belleville. Work hours are from 7am to 11am from Monday to Friday. Applications will be accepted until October 1, 2021.
The Custodian is responsible for performing cleaning duties, minor maintenance, and any other related duties in order to ensure the school’s facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner. The Custodian follows the cleaning schedule when the students are not in the building. This part-time contract pays $16 per hour.
Please send a resume and covering letter explaining why you are interested in the position to:
Jane Gardner, General Manager by email at email@example.com or fax 613-962-9275. For more information call 613-962-9274 x25. Detailed job description available upon request.
Quinte Ballet School of Canada
For 50 years, the Quinte Ballet school of Canada has been a cultural treasure of our region – a school that has welcomed students from the local area, from across Canada and many parts of the world. At QBSC, our graduates from the Professional Training Program are supported every step of the way to become the dancers they want to be.
In QBSC’s active arts facility located at 196 Palmer Road in Belleville, a number of recreational dance programs for youth and adults and other outreach programs also take place each week including visual arts groups that regularly use the art studio, the Dancing with Parkinsons program and Quinte Irish Canadian Society. Each summer over 80 youth aged 11 to 17 receive over 60 hours of training at our Summer Dance Intensive offered for 3 weeks in July. Thanks to our partnership with Albert College, our out of town students stay in their residences.
JOB DESCRIPTION – CUSTODIAN
The Custodian reports to the General Manager and is responsible for performing cleaning duties, minor maintenance, and any other related duties in order to ensure that the school’s facilities at 196 Palmer Road in Belleville are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner.
Clean and care for the facilities to ensure they are maintained in a safe and healthy manner.
- Clean offices, boardroom, staffroom, washrooms, changerooms, studios, student lounge, hallways, entrance, and kitchen
- Mop studios and hallways regularly
- Vacuum all carpeted areas
- Dust all furniture and fixtures as required
- Wash and disinfect all washroom floors, toilets, toilet seats and fixtures
- Clean all mirrors
- Replenish toilet tissue, hand towels and soap as needed
- Empty all waste baskets and garbage cans, garbage pick up is TUESDAY morning at 7am
- Place garbage outside in storage bin
- Clean all entrance and exits including glass, doors, and hardware
- Keep outside area near exits and entrances clear of snow, garbage, debris, etc.
- Wash all marks from walls, doors, hardware, and glass
- Perform and/or report minor maintenance repairs
- Report damages and acts of vandalism
- Wash and buff floors with floor polisher as needed
- Wash entrance and exit floors
- Monitor inventory of cleaning supplies and report needs to General Manager
- Maintain cleaning equipment, and custodial room
QBSC is a non-profit organization and functions with a small, full-time administrative staff. At certain times during the school year, especially in the weeks leading up to our three annual performances, our reliance on the assistance of committed volunteers is critical. We welcome dynamic volunteers of all backgrounds to provide support in a variety of positions. Opportunities are available in the following areas:
Wardrobe and Sewing
Poster and Brochure Distribution
To inquire about volunteering with the Quinte Ballet School of Canada, please contact Jane Gardner at firstname.lastname@example.org